Tuesday, February 9, 2010

ONLY "UP IN THE AIR" FANS NEED APPLY

Poetic justic or... poetic justice?

Everybody's talking about how Sandra Bullock may become the first actress ever to win an Oscar (for The Blind Side) and a Razzie Award (for All About Steve) in the same year.

Frankly, I don't give a damn. I'm more concerned about the film that's tied for the most Razzie nominations.

Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen, the movie more or less responsible for nailing shut the coffin of my last relationship, like Land Of The Lost, a movie I don't even remember being in theaters, is up for seven Razzies, including Worst Picture of 2009. While I'm pretty certain that Transformers cannot possibly be one of the five worst films of 2009 (the Razzies, which honor cinematic underacheivers, must focus on the high-profile, or who would care?), I have no doubt that it's a pretty terrible movie.

It did, after all, break up my last relationship. I don't know which is scarier: that someone chose to see a movie, any movie, over seeing me, or that said movie was Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen. For me, any time a bullet is dodged, it's a good thing. For him, I hope it was worth it.

The moral of the story: You may not be able to judge a book by the cover, but you can sure as hell tell a lot about a guy from the movies he wastes his money on. Up In The Air fans, to the front of the line!

No comments: