Friday, June 12, 2009

IT'S A MAN'S WORLD


Yes, it's a man's world.

A sad but true sentiment -- and also the title of a 1995 CD by Cher on which she sang covers of songs written by men. Her daughter, Chastity, 40, must agree because it's being reported by Us Weekly that she is in the process of undergoing gender-reassignment surgery. I'm not sure what I think about this (if I think anything), or if what I think about it even matters, but I'm dying to know what Cher thinks. She has said that she had a very difficult time coming to terms with her daughter's coming out, but one presumes that she's since made peace with that aspect. And while Cher was born a woman and continues to be one, it is possible that she has gone under the plastic surgeon's scalpel as many, if not more, times as any gender-reassignment-surgery candidate ever will.

Suerte, Chastity!

No comments: