Monday, July 21, 2008

THE INCREDIBLE HUNK

It's Sunday afternoon, and I'm parked in front of Dave's billion-inch high-definition flat-screen TV, watching the past week's episodes of General Hospital on SoapNet. The quality of the image is spectacular, that's for sure. I can see every wrinkle, every pore of the actors. They look a lot better and at least five years younger on a cheaper TV set. Also unfortunately, bad acting is twice as bad in high definition. But wait! Hold that thought! There's Brandon Barash (above), the actor who plays Johnny Zacchara. He joined the GH cast after I moved to Buenos Aires, so this is the first time I've seen him on TV. His acting is nothing to write home about, but something tells me that he wasn't hired for his Shakespearean skills. According to his Wikipedia profile, he's Jewish, he speaks Spanish fluently, and he plays piano. He also used to be on Gilmore Girls. How did I miss him?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I fear that HD-TV will mean all my crushes will prove to be pock-marked disaster zones! Damn you, technology!