Tuesday, July 28, 2009

MY SENSITIVITY (GETS IN THE WAY)

My ex-boyfriend recently sent me a message, admonishing me for my "Rules of Attraction" and even entertaining the thought of following The Rules and indulging in the crazy little games of love. "Throw those rules right out the window," he insisted. "You be you, the dynamite person I fell in love with 10 years ago." That would have been enough to convince me to do as I was being told, but he made one very excellent point: "The rules are what cause a lack of trust later in a relationship." In other words, if you have to rely on subterfuge to land someone, can you ever be truly sure that he (or she) is really yours?

I'd say no. So I will continue to leap before I look, giving my all or nothing at all. Yes, my sensitivity always seems to get in the way. It's the story of my love life, and I don't see myself changing course in future chapters. If there really is a perfect match for me somewhere out there, I'd hope that he loses himself in the exact same way.

No comments: