Sunday, May 5, 2013

Shockers! Sane Words of Semi-Wisdom from Amanda Bynes on Twitter

@AmandaBynes is usually a tweeting disaster, but she's a savvy one. While calling @Drake and @JennyMcCarthy "ugly" isn't going to help her case in Hollywood, it probably did win her some new "followers" because everybody loves a good celebrity smackdown. Beyond the bile, though, there are actually some sweet observations about life and love. Like many 27 year olds, she has a weakness for cliches ("Be careful what you wish for") and platitudes ("win from within," "Love isn't real if it's not forever"), but if you scroll patiently through Bynes's tweets, original ideas eventually emerge.

They're so easy to overlook because she tends to give far more space to negativity, whether it's in the form of rants against magazine editors, including those at my professional alma mater Us Weekly, and the paparazzi (for the Top 2 offenses: covering her "erratic behavior" and running bad photos of her) and @PerezHilton (for simply existing).

If she's just looking for attention, it's working. While I enjoyed her work in Hairspray and Easy A, I was never particularly interested in Bynes or thought much about her one way or the other until she started driving really badly and getting arrested. Now that she's taken to going off on Twitter, I'm a little bit hooked. I never follow celebrities, and I starting following her because I could use the daily entertainment.

10 Sort of Smart and Totally Sane Things Amanda Bynes Has Said on Twitter

The reason I'm suing everyone I'm suing: defamation (of character) n. the act of making untrue statements about another which damages his/her reputation. If the defamatory statement is printed or broadcast over the media it is libel and, if only oral, it is slander.

@joeyislame don't hurt yourself babe! You're beautiful! Ily!

Don't worry about thoughts, it doesn't matter how it feels, all that matters is how it looks..

I don't care what you think, I care what you say.

When I like you the only one who can make me not like you is you.

When you're beside me I'm beside myself

When you're in love, only one persons opinion of you matters.

If you don't get jealous it's because you don't care

Men always want to be a woman’s first love. Women like to be a man’s last romance.

What you think about is what you are ❤

No comments: