Saturday, July 25, 2009

BIRTHDAY SUIT?

Today Jennifer Lopez turns 40. I'd like to post a tribute to her by listing my five favorite J. Lo movies, or her five best songs, but because I've never quite understood her success, I'll skip that part. For me, J. Lo is most significant because as I myself was approaching 40, she, along with Jennifer Aniston, were two celebs who convinced me that 40 wasn't an unlucky number. In fact, they both showed me that it was possible to exit one's 30s looking and feeling better than ever, which I believe I did. J. Lo's star has dimmed significantly in recent years, as her last several movies and her last few albums failed to find much of an audience. But perhaps there's a Cher-style comeback in her future, complete with massive hit singles and even an Oscar. I wouldn't count on it, as big big-screen comebacks after an extended break are rare (ask Michelle Pfeiffer, Demi Moore, Winona Ryder and Julia Roberts -- it's easier in music), but stranger things (like her launching a successful singing career in the first place) have happened.

No comments: