Friday, August 8, 2008

TWO TO MAKE IT RIGHT, SEGUNDA PARTE

Because I like to give credit where it's due, as an addendum to the previous post, I want to acknowledge 10 more of my favorite vocal collaborations. (Then, I promise, I'll drop the subject.) Acclaimed as these individual performers may be, Kylie, Bjork and Mellencamp are the only ones I would classify as true stars at the time of said pairing--Thom Yorke is only a star in the context of Radiohead--so these songs don't quite qualify as exceptions to the Conspiracy Theory Effect.

  1. "Where The Wild Roses Grow" Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds & Kylie Minogue (pictured)
  2. "Broken Homes" Tricky featuring PJ Harvey (see video below)
  3. "This Mess We're In" PJ Harvey featuring Thom Yorke
  4. "I've Seen It All" Bjork featuring Thom Yorke
  5. "Oops" 808 State featuring Bjork
  6. "Better Things" Massive Attack featuring Tracey Thorn
  7. "Setting Sun" The Chemical Brothers featuring Noel Gallagher
  8. "Wild Night" John Mellencamp & Me'shell Ndegéocello
  9. "Something's Gotten Hold Of My Heart" Marc Almond & Gene Pitney
  10. "What Have I Done To Deserve This?" Pet Shop Boys featuring Dusty Springfield

No comments: