Sunday, November 1, 2009

WILL "DOGS" HAVE ITS DAY?

This is so not my kind of thing, but I have to admit that the trailer for the new John Travolta-Robin Williams comedy Old Dogs (in theaters November 25) made me laugh out loud at least twice. One scene in particular makes me want to fly down to the south of Argentina and march with the penguins.

It's an interesting trailer because rather than present a pastiche of scene portions like most trailers do, it offers one specific scene. As a result, it doesn't give away too much, including the movie's premise. But for a comedy that will no doubt be more about sight gags and isolated jokes than plot, this probably isn't much of a problem. I smell a hit, which would make it Robin's first (in a leading role) in about four score and seven years.

Bonus question What do John and Robin have in common, besides the new movie?

Answer Both were the breakout stars of 1970s sitcoms: respectively, Welcome Back, Kotter and Mork & Mindy.

No comments: