Wednesday, November 4, 2009

MASTERS OF CEREMONY

The 2010 Oscars just got two hosts: Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin. Not that I was planning on missing the telecast, but now I'm so so there. I was trying to figure out why the Academy would hire two hosts. And why two-timer Steve Martin and first-timer Alec Baldwin? Then I figured it out, the missing link. Both actors costar as objects of and rivals for Meryl Streep's affection in the Christmas comedy It's Complicated. This can mean only one thing -- and remember, you read it here first: After 27 years, the Academy is finally ready to give Meryl her second best actress Oscar (and third overall). But I'm pretty sure it will be for the recent hit Julie & Julia and not for It's Complicated.
Why? Come on, it's not that complicated.

No comments: