Tuesday, August 18, 2009

HEY, MR. DJ, PUT A RECORD ON

Oops! She did it again! Oh, wrong pop diva. But, well, you get my drift.

For the umpteenth time in 25 years and counting, a new Madonna song has gone from my hate list to my hit list. That opening keyboard riff still sounds as 1995 as ever, but so what? That was an excellent year, musically and otherwise. Last night, I found myself on a Buenos Aires dance floor, and naturally, "Celebration" came on. "Come on join the party," Madonna insisted over that thumping techno beat.

I did exactly as I was told, and I didn't hate myself in the morning.

Now let's just hope those scary rumors aren't true, and she didn't put Lourdes in the video. Tween girls don't exactly inspire me to get into the groove. Her 20-year-old Brazilian model boy toy, Jesus Luz (above), however, does. Let's dance.

No comments: