Wednesday, August 26, 2009

LET'S HEAR IT FOR THE BOYS

Girls rule! Like Nathaniel at Film Experience Blog, I'm generally actress obsessed. Today, he posted his 25 favorite actors, so I thought I'd challenge myself by doing the same. This list is flexible and very likely to change tomorrow, or with the next film I see, either on TV, on video, or in the theatre, but my Top 5 is pretty much a done deal for the foreseeable future: (in no particular order -- well, alphabetical) Michael Caine, George Clooney, Hugh Grant, Burt Lancaster and Jack Nicholson.



(FYI: I deeply dig Nicholas Case in serious thespian mode -- not so much when he's doing that action-star thing -- so he makes the cut.)



  • Javier Bardem
  • Yul Brenner
  • Jeff Bridges
  • Nicolas Cage
  • Montgomery Clift
  • Billy Crudup
  • Johnny Depp
  • Robert Downey Jr.
  • Ralph Fiennes
  • Cary Grant
  • Laurence Harvey
  • William Holden
  • Rock Hudson
  • Jack Lemmon
  • Walter Matthau
  • Ewan MacGregor
  • Steve Martin
  • Paul Newman
  • David Strathairn
  • Spencer Tracy

4 comments:

NATHANIEL R said...

Nicolas Cage!????????

you hurt me Jeremy you hurt me

Jeremy Helligar said...

Haha, I knew you would say that. The action schtick is unwatchable. But then there's Moonstruck, Adaptation, Matchstick Men, Raising Arizona, Peggy Sue Got Married and, of course, Leaving Las Vegas!

jessica said...

Love your list! (Though I too would never have included Nic Cage.)

Jeremy Helligar said...

Poor Nicolas! I almost went for Alec Baldwin instead, but then I realized that I like him a lot more on TV (30 Rock, Friends, Will & Grace) than I do in movies.